*This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links
Get ready for an epic twist to your regular boba! In this recipe, the ever-popular bubble tea gets a wholesome makeover, transforming into a healthy, blueberry lavender milk tea that's as good for your body as it absolutely delicious!
Instead of the typical tapioca pearls, we'll be using chia seeds. Yes, you heard that right! Not only do these innovative chia boba pearls bring a unique texture and taste, but they also usher in a wealth of health benefits. These tiny super-seeds are loaded with fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and protein, turning your ordinary boba tea into a nutrient-dense drink that satiates while keeping your health in check.
Ready for this delicious, healthy milk tea recipe? Let's dive in!
The Health Benefits Of This Incredible Drink
We already mentioned the awesome benefits of choosing to use chia seeds instead of the usual, processed boba pearls. Yet, what truly elevates this beverage to new heights of wellness and flavor are the two potent tea blends that weave their magic into this recipe.
This incredible blend of herbs and flowers creates a relaxing brew that is naturally indigo in color. The blue color comes from Butterfly Blue Pea Flower, a deep blue flower native to Thailand. It's extremely high in anti-aging antioxidants, and is reputed to promote feelings of relaxation, relief of inflammation, promote beautiful hair, and support mental focus. We added the perfect amount of soothing Lavender flowers along with other relaxing botanicals.
The flavor is delicately sweet and deliciously fragrant, and is what gives this recipe the rich purple-blue color!
This organic blueberry black tea blend is a crowd favorite. Lifted with a hint of lavender and lots of blueberry goodness, this blend is not only absolutely delicious, but also very healing. It's curated with ingredients that can help bolster your immune system, soothe your stomach, calm your nerves, and even support heart health. This blend perfectly balances a gentle caffeine lift with the tranquilizing benefits of lavender for a seamlessly smooth energy boost.
The Ingredients You Need For This Healthy Chia Seed Boba
Makes two servings.
- 1 + 2/3 cups hot water
- 1 tbsp Blueberry Thrill
- 1 tbsp Lush Lavender
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of your favorite milk (almond, oat, soy, etc.)
- 1-3 teaspoons honey (or another sweetener of choice)
Step-By-Step-Guide To Crafting Your Lavender Milk Tea
- Add your Blueberry Thrill blend to 2/3 cup hot water and let it steep for 5-7 minutes. Add 1-2 teaspoons honey or your preferred sweetener of choice.
- After steeping, strain the tea and pour it over the chia seeds. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes. As the tea cools, the chia seeds will begin to absorb the liquid and expand, forming your blueberry "boba pearls".
- While your chia seeds are soaking, steep your Lush Lavender blend in 1 cup hot water for about 10-15 minutes. Strain the tea and set aside. You can add sweetener here, if desired.
- After the chia seeds have fully absorbed the liquid, divide the mixture between two glasses.
- Slowly pour the Lush Lavender tea over the two glasses, and finally, pour over your milk!
- Take a moment to enjoy the beautiful gradient in your glass. Now, all that's left to do is to sip and savor your whimsical Lavender Blueberry Chia Boba Milk Tea!
Instead of succumbing to ordinary boba cravings, why not take the road less traveled? This is not just your regular milk tea - it blends unique textures, delightfully unique flavors, and a wealth of health benefits -- and I hope that you love it as much as I do!
Thanks so much for reading! If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like this Brain Boosting Turmeric Chia Seed Milk Tea Recipe.