Post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links.
Mocktails have been trending this summer, and for good reason! People are realizing the consequences that come with alcohol, but still want the deliciousness that comes with a cool summer cocktail...so, mocktails! If you're interested in relieving your inflammation naturally, while also having a yummy drink to sip on by the pool, we've got you covered.
The Healing Benefits of this Mocktail
Inflammation Relief Tea
Do you feel weak and fatigued often? Got tummy issues? Skin problems? What about lower back pain? If so, you just might be experiencing the effects of inflammation on your body. This tea is created using 3 of the best botanicals for inflammation: Tulsi, Ginger and Calendula. This tea is made for athletes training hours a day and older people with joint pain, alike!
If you want to learn more about inflammation, check out Got Inflammation? You Probably Do. Here Are 5 Teas That Will Help You Heal Naturally.
Ginger’s anti-inflammatory benefits are well known and well studied. Gingerol is the main bioactive compound in ginger. It’s responsible for much of ginger’s medicinal properties. Ginger has been shown to be effective against inflammation, osteoarthritis, jaw pain, rheumatism, and inflammation-induced pain. It has been shown to help with muscle pain, especially in women with menstrual pain.
Lime is rich in vitamin c, which is a powerful antioxidant that will help your body reduce its inflammation by getting rid of free radicals in the body. Lemon will do the same, so use that if you have it or if you prefer the taste!
Both spearmint and peppermint are great for digestion and gut health, so use whichever mint you prefer or is easier to find. Has your mom ever told you to drink mint tea on an upset stomach? That's why! Your gut health is intricately linked to your overall health, including inflammation. If your gut is healthy, your body has less reason to create inflammation!
Beyond, health benefits, it also adds so much flavor! If there's any culinary tip that I have learned over the years, it's using fresh herbs. If you want to take any dish or drink to restaurant level, use fresh herbs!
Try this herb kit so that you can have fresh herbs, year-round!
Now, let's get to the recipe!
The Ingredients You Need
For 1-2 Servings:
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 small lime, wedged (or 1/2 large lime)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh or crystallized ginger
- 1 cup of brewed Inflammation Relief Tea (*if you don't have it, you can use Ginger Tea)
- Sparkling water (lemon or lime preferably)
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons sweetener of choice (if you want it to be extra anti-inflammatory, you can leave this out)
- A large glass jar
How to Make Your Inflammation-Fighting Mocktail
1) First, brew your inflammation relief tea. Whichever method you use, our general recommendation is 1 teaspoon of tea to 1 cup water. You can use any of these methods to brew your iced tea, but I decided to use the quick and dirty method using my favorite brewer.
If you want to use the quick and dirty method, add 1 heaping teaspoon of the tea into 1 cup of hot water for 5 minutes, strain and add in ice to cool.
2) Next, add your limes, mint and ginger to a large glass jar (with a lid). Muddle them all until nice and smooshed! This is also where you should add your sweetener, if you choose to use it. Muddling will help release all these awesome flavors and nutrients. The aroma will blow you away!
Thanks for checking out this blog! If you liked it, you'll also probably like this Yummy Raspberry-Mango-Lime Rooibos Tea Recipe. And, tag us on Instagram or TikTok when you make it. I love to see your versions of our recipes!