Post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links.
Inflammation is at the root of so many health conditions: from minor skin rashes to terminal brain diseases. The scary reality is that most people are struggling from this chronic inflammation, already. However, by incorporating healing spices and herbs into your daily lifestyle and exercising daily, you can protect your body and mind against it. Here's one recipe you need in the mix if you want to heal your body naturally!
The Benefits of The Ingredients
This recipe is jam-packed with inflammation-fighting herbs and botanicals that help support your overall health by reducing the damage caused by inflammation. If we went over all the benefits of each ingredient found in all the teas, this article would be obnoxiously long! So instead, here are just four of the incredible botanicals you're getting when you drink this iced tea recipe:
- Rosemary, found in An Elephant Never Forgets, is a powerful antioxidant rich in anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Rooibos, found in I Heart Pomegranates, is powerfully anti-inflammatory and packed with antioxidants, reducing your risk of many diseases.
- Berries like blueberries, pomegranates, and cranberries are all rich in bioflavonoids, giving these fruits their dark color. These beautiful, rich, dark pigments also mean that they are anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant-rich. Eating more dark berries can support your memory, concentration, and overall brain function by preventing inflammation in the brain.
- Lemons are a great source of vitamin c, so along with other vitamin c rich foods, they help to reduce free radical damage in the body and mind.
Let's make it!
What You Need For This Iced Tea
- 1 teaspoon I Heart Pomegranates*
- 1 teaspoon An Elephant Never Forgets*
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 2-3 freshly sliced lemon rounds, plus extra lemon to squeeze into your tea
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Optional: Garnish with fresh herbs like rosemary or mint.
*If you only have one of the teas, feel free to use 2 teaspoons of the one instead. However, it's extra flavorful with both, with a sweet flavor from I Heart Pomegranates and a fresh, complex flavor from An Elephant Never Forgets.
How To Make This Inflammation Fighting Iced Tea
- First, brew your tea. Add your I Heart Pomegranates and An Elephant Never Forgets to your hot water for 5-15 minutes. If you're adding maple syrup, add it here.
- Add your frozen blueberries and ice to your favorite glass, add a squeeze of lemon and pour over your tea.
- Garnish with your lemon rounds and fresh rosemary or mint.
It's that easy! This recipe is so refreshing and delicious, that you forget it's so healthy! I hope you enjoyed this blog: if you did, check out this inflammation fighting iced tea recipe: Fight Inflammation With This Energizing Iced Tea.
Find I Heart Pomegranates and An Elephant Never Forgets in this month's Brain-Boosting Tea Talk Box, along with Turmeric Fusion and our yummy Pumpkin Spice Chai! You'll get 3+ servings of each of the four teas, so you can try them out, without commitment to a full size.
Thanks for reading!