Post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links.
It's Pumpkin Spice Latte season, but if you're like me, you get a nasty stomach ache every time you finish a Starbucks PSL. With this fantastic, healthy recipe, you can enjoy the yummy fall flavors and the creamy, frothy texture without regret! So keep reading if you want a super simple recipe that tastes even better than it looks.
The 6 Simple Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used soy milk for its fat content, but coconut would also be great)
- 3-4 softened medjool dates (place in hot water for 3 minutes to soften them)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (if you don't like almond butter you can use another nut butter or you can leave this out - but I do recommend it because it will make it extra creamy)
- *Optional: 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
How To Make This Delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte
- First, add your tea and water into your small pot and simmer on low for 20 minutes. You want the tea to brew as dark as you can: the longer, the more flavorful!
- Add in your pumpkin puree and give it a nice stir. Strain out your leaves and add your tea to two mugs.
- Add your milk of choice, softened medjool dates, almond butter, and optional additional pumpkin spice (only if you like it extra spicy) to a high speed blender and blend until completely smooth and frothy. The blender will heat up the milk a bit, but feel free to heat up if you like it super hot.
- Add the sweet milk mixture to your pumpkin spice tea, and you're done!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! It's so comforting because it just screams "Fall!" If you enjoyed this recipe, check out this Turmeric "Boba" Milk Tea Recipe.