Post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links
As the sun blazes this summer, the heat can take a toll on your skin. Whether you're out for a quick walk or simply stepping into your car, the searing heat, harsh radiation, and dryness can be a concern for your delicate skin. As someone who cherishes a radiant, healthy complexion, you'd undoubtedly prefer to keep sun damage at bay. This article offers an array of strategies to ensure your skin thrives throughout the season, staying lush and glowing!
1) If you exercise or go for walks outside, do it early in the morning or after the sun has begun to set. Where possible, opt for grassy paths, light-colored sidewalks, or gravel, and avoid blacktops that tend to absorb and re-radiate heat.
2) Bolster your skin's defense against UV radiation by sipping on green tea, which is has protective properties against sun.
3) Incorporate a vibrant range of pigment-rich fruits and vegetables into your diet, especially those in yellow and orange hues. Research suggests that the pigments in our food, such as carotenoids that lend a yellow or orange color to various fruits and veggies, can offer sun-protective benefits. Carrots, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, turmeric, squashes, and bright leafy greens are all excellent choices. Our Happy Place and Daily Detox teas are also rich in carotenoids.
4) Hydrate optimally by consuming herbal teas with oatstraw, such I Heart Pomegranates. Oatstraw acts as a natural hydration booster that not only replenishes your body with essential nutrients but also aids in the absorption and utilization of water, making your hydration efforts even more effective.
5) Consume EPA from algal sources. This long-chain Omega-3 is wonderfully beneficial for the skin. It assists in the production of collagen and elastin, supports their producing cells, and mitigates sun damage.
6) Add a couple drops of Myrrh Essential Oil to your skincare at night. Myrrh oil has been shown to protect sun-exposed skin from damage, and helps to heal wounding or inflammation of the skin that has occurred as a result.
7) Protect your skin while driving by ensuring your car windows are tinted. It's a small change that can make a big difference in your skin's exposure to sun damage.
8) Don't forget to load up on Vitamin C. Essential for collagen and elastin production, and skin repair, this vitamin can be found in abundance in citrus fruits, pineapples and kiwis. Drinking blends like Strawberry Lemonade and Tropical Vacation are also awesome ways to get in loads of vitamin-c.
9) Prioritize sleep. Referred to as "beauty sleep" for a good reason, it's during sleep that your skin goes into repair mode. If you find sleep elusive, our Nitey Nite tea can help. Read more about products that can help you to sleep better during the summer.
10) Try a face mask made from kelp or Irish moss paste at night. These seaweeds are known for their collagen-boosting properties, and they hydrate and plump the skin, offering visible results almost instantly.
11) Last but not least, always use a natural sunscreen! With these tips at your disposal, you're equipped to handle the heat and keep your skin radiant and healthy.
Thanks so much for reading! With all these tips, you should be able to beat the heat and keep your skin healthy and beautiful. If you enjoyed this blog, check out 5 Natural Steps To Maintain Youthful Beauty For Women Over 40.