*This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links
With June's extended daylight hours and the lure of making the most of each warm evening, you might find yourself struggling to drift off to sleep at your usual time. If you find yourself struggling to get good sleep at this time of year, you're definitely not alone. But, sleep is not just an indulgence, it's essential for maintaining overall well-being, rejuvenating your body and mind, and giving you the vitality needed to make the most of these beautiful summer days. Prioritizing quality sleep during this season is crucial, and we're here to guide you on this journey.
The Four Best Teas For Sleep
Harnessing the potent sleep-enhancing properties of carefully selected herbs, Nitey Nite works to relax both body and mind. The herbs in the blend help to tame your whirlwind of thoughts and ease worries, making room for peace and tranquility. Natural sedatives like valerian and california poppy guide you gently into sleep's embrace, while chamomile and spearmint work in harmony to alleviate stress.
Whether you're wrestling with racing thoughts or suffering from physical stress, a soothing warm cup of Nitey Nite before bed is your ticket to an undisturbed journey to dreamland.
Zen AF is your tranquil refuge amidst the chaos of a bustling day. With each sip, imagine tension melting away, muscles relaxing, and thoughts gradually quieting down.
Every ingredient in Zen AF contributes a unique note to this symphony of calm. Lemon balm works to calm anxiety and stress, while peppermint works to settle the stomach and revive the senses. There is also kava kava and valerian, herbs that help to drown out distractions and instill a sense of peace. Each component of Zen AF forms a harmonious blend that synergistically cultivates calm and resilience against the day's stressors.
Daily Calm is a blend of handpicked herbs that work in sync to soothe both your mind and body. The duo of linden and chamomile steps up to tackle stress, creating a soothing herbal cushion. Spearmint chimes in, lending a hand to your digestive health. Lemon balm pops in to encourage a sense of calm and focus, helping keep your stress in check. To complete the blend, passionflower steps up to the plate, handpicked to put a lid on repetitive, worry-ridden thoughts that can hijack your day.
On days that feel like a never-ending loop of stress, Daily Calm comes to your rescue, helping you breathe easy, calming frayed nerves, and nudging you to release the tension. Enjoy it hot with a hint of honey or iced with a splash of fresh lemon or berries.
This blend is kid-friendly too, so feel free to share a cup with your little ones!
Feeling tense, anxious, and distracted? Lush Lavender is your answer. This captivating blend of herbs and flowers creates an indigo brew that's as tranquil as it is visually stunning. At its heart is butterfly pea flower, a Thai botanical that's rich in anti-aging antioxidants, known for promoting relaxation, reducing inflammation, enhancing hair beauty, and aiding mental focus.
Complementing this is a harmonious blend of calming lavender flowers, refreshing lemongrass, fragrant lemon verbena, and vibrant hibiscus. Together, these ingredients craft a subtly sweet and fragrant tea that's both soothing and invigorating.
Your Success Shopping List
Alongside calming teas, certain sleep-boosting foods and calming products can also contribute significantly to your sleep quality. From your kitchen pantry to your bedside table, simple additions can make a remarkable difference.
Power Up Your Pantry: Top Sleep-Boosting Foods to Add to Your Grocery List
Let's explore some powerful pantry staples that support restful sleep:
- Almonds: Packed with magnesium, a mineral needed for quality sleep. A small handful can help you meet your daily need for this essential nutrient, all while providing a crunchy, satisfying snack.
- Kiwi: These small but mighty fruits are rich in serotonin, a brain chemical that helps regulate your sleep cycle. Enjoy them as a sweet, tangy snack before bed.
- Tart Cherries: They're one of the few natural food sources of melatonin, the hormone responsible for regulating the body's internal clock. Consider drinking tart cherry juice or eating the cherries whole.
- Fatty Fish: Varieties like salmon, tuna, and mackerel are rich in vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids, both of which may increase the production of serotonin and enhance sleep quality.
- Flaxseeds: Don't eat fish? No problem! Flaxseeds and chia seeds are a rich sourch of plant-based omega-3's and contain high levels of tryptophan, an amino acid known to improve sleep quality and duration.
Walnuts: Not only do walnuts offer a satisfying crunch, they also have high levels of tryptophan and melatonin to help you get a good night's sleep.
Incorporate these sleep-boosting foods into your diet to enhance your wellness journey, improve sleep quality, and wake up feeling refreshed and ready to face the day.
Products That Might Help You Sleep Better
Here are some products that can add a layer of tranquility to your bedtime routine:
- Sleep Mask: A well-designed sleep mask can create an instant environment of darkness, triggering your brain to understand it's time for sleep. It's particularly useful for light-sensitive sleepers and for establishing a sleep routine during travel or varying daylight hours.
- Magnesium Bath Salt with Aromatherapy: This luxurious bath blend combines the muscle-relaxing benefits of magnesium with the calming properties of lavender aromatherapy. A warm bath with these salts can soothe tension, both physical and mental, helping prepare your body and mind for restful sleep.
- White Noise Machine: A white noise machine can mask disruptive sounds, creating a consistent, soothing background noise. This can be particularly useful if you live in a noisy environment or find silence unsettling. It can help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
- Herbal Sleep Balm: Infused with calming herbs and essential oils, a sleep balm can be massaged into your temples or wrists as part of your bedtime routine. The gentle scent and ritual can signal to your body and mind that it's time to wind down and prepare for sleep.
- Ceramic Tea Infuser Mug: A beautifully crafted mug with a built-in strainer can make your evening tea ritual easier, and even more enjoyable and calming.
- Bedtime Yoga Mat: A soft, inviting yoga mat can encourage a gentle stretching or yoga routine before bed, releasing physical tension and preparing the body for sleep.
- Sleep Journal: A dedicated journal for sleep can help make it easier to fall asleep. This Sleep & Evening Routine Sidekick Journal is a 66-day guided journal for habit-building helps you understand the importance of an intentional evening routine and good sleep hygiene.
- June's Tea Talk Box: Get all four of our sleep teas (Nitey Nite, Zen AF, Daily Calm, and Lush Lavender) in one box! You can try out these sleep tea samples, without committing to a full size, and we will show you how to turn these teas into delicious and soothing mocktails and lattes.
While sleep might seem elusive during these long summer days, with the right tools and mindful habits, you can still cultivate the conditions for restful sleep. Harness the power of our sleep-promoting teas, stock your pantry with sleep-enhancing foods, and enhance your nighttime routine with calming products tailored to promote rest and relaxation. Here's to long, restful nights that balance the joyous, sun-filled days of June!