*this post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links
Now that the entire country is in quarantine, we have a rare opportunity to improve our lives for the better. One of the ways you can upgrade your health and your mental state is to cultivate a tea habit. The health perks that come from regular tea consumption include living a longer, healthier life, improving brain function, supporting your digestive system, nervous system, immune system, hair and skin, and so much more. Teas of all kinds not only promote physical health, tea drinking can improve your overall mood. There are teas that can help you feel more relaxed, energized, peaceful, focused, and content.
Share this on Pinterest
On a soul level, this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to reevaluate our health, our jobs, our relationships, and get things right. On the practical side of the situation, this is a wonderful time to pamper yourself and indulge in self-care routines that you never made time for in the pre-coronavirus world.
If you're a parent with kids at home, you can get your whole family on board and introduce teas into your daily lives and routines. The benefits will keep paying off long after this current crisis is over.
Now is the time. Today is the day. Mark it on your calendar, and begin.
Here are the top ten teas for improving the quality of your life.
Moroccan Rose Mint is a clean and refreshing blend of organic green tea with spearmint and rose petals. Here are some of the upgrades you can expect from drinking this tea regularly:
- It soothes your tummy, and can relieve bloating and indigestion
- Moroccan Rose Mint helps you feel more alert and calm
- This tea is loaded with antioxidants, and is a natural beauty aid, supporting the health of your skin, teeth, and gums
- You can make a strong cup of Moroccan Rose Mint and use it as an astringent and anti-aging facial toner
- Another use of a strongly brewed cup of this tea: use it as a mouthwash to tone your gums and freshen the breath
A great way to enjoy Moroccan Rose Mint is to brew up a pitcher, chill it, and serve with slices of fresh lemons, limes, and cucumber.
Sleek & Slender is a tasty and satisfying blend of white tea with herbs and spices that boost your energy in the morning. It's an uplifting afternoon pick-me-up when your energy starts to flag after lunch. Here are some of the many benefits that you get when you add this tea to your daily routine:
- Sleek & Slender can help you achieve your weight loss goals when used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise
- This tea can help you finally get control of your sugar habit for good
- Sleek & Slender contains antioxidant-rich white tea, which has been shown in numerous studies to support brain health, and may actually slow aging in the brain
- Drink this tea with meals if you have sluggish digestion
Sleek & Slender contains an herb called gymnema, an herb from India used for centuries for blood sugar control. Click here to read more about gymnema. Because this tea tastes great without sugar, and because one of the benefits is to help with blood sugar management, it is suggested that you do not sweeten the tea at all. Enjoy it as it is, naturally.
Love My Hair is a mineral-rich tea that is energizing without the caffeine. When you drink this tea consistently, you will reap amazing rewards:
- Love My Hair provides an abundance of minerals and other nutrients that promote strong and luxurious hair growth
- The minerals in the tea also strengthen the nails, and promote healthy, youthful-looking skin
- Drink Love My Hair for healthy strong bones, and liver support
- Brew a double- or triple-strength batch and use it as a final hair rinse and leave-in hair treatment
To enjoy with the whole family, brew up two quarts of Love My Hair, chill it in the fridge, and serve it in a pitcher filled with crushed fresh raspberries, pineapple, and sprigs of fresh rosemary, mint, or sage.
Hug In A Mug is the newest tea in our wellness collection. Caffeine-free, and naturally sweet, this is a tea your whole family will ask for every day. Here are a few reasons why you will want to keep plenty of this on hand:
- Hug In A Mug can calm frazzled nerves and soothe away stress
- This herbal blend contains naturally sweet licorice root, used to gently support immune system and nourish the adrenal glands
- For digestive inflammation, drink a cup of Hug In A Mug in between meals
- Drink a soothing cup at the end of the day to release tension
- Parents, your kids will love this tea
Hug In A Mug is delicious both hot and iced. If you're drinking it for an upset stomach, it's better to drink it hot or warm rather than cold.
Joyful Garden tea was originally created to support new moms who were experiencing postpartum depression, because it's so uplifting to the mood. It's a sweet and enjoyable tea, with many other health benefits that support people of all ages. Here are a few of those benefits:
- Joyful Garden contains rooibos, a tea from South Africa that helps relieve inflammation naturally
- It's caffeine-free and loaded with antioxidants to keep your skin healthy and radiant
- Drink Joyful Garden to help keep your mood balanced and your emotions on an even keel
If you're going crazy inside the house, pack up a little picnic with a thermos of Joyful Garden, and get outdoors under the sky. Spending even a short time outside in nature has a restorative effect on the soul. Urban dwellers, even a patio or parking lot in the open air will work. Use what you have.
Lucky Morning Spice is an inspired blend of organic Darjeeling black tea with freshly crushed Indian spices. Here are some reasons why adding this tea to your morning routine will help you level up in life:
- Lucky Morning Spice helps switch your metabolism to "ON", with a little caffeine boost, tons of antioxidants, and spices to increase circulation and energy
- This is the perfect tea to warm you up for your yoga practice
- Turmeric, one of the ingredients in Lucky Morning Spice, helps control inflammation, which is the root cause of many chronic diseases
- Drink a mug of this tea to help you stay focused during meditation
Drink Lucky Morning Spice to help you detox your negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones. In order to change your experiences, you first must change your mindset from negative to positive. An added bonus: the ingredients in Lucky Morning Spice have long been associated with luck and good fortune.
Dreaming True is an organic fragrant herbal tea, made with soothing herbs like lavender, rosemary, marjoram, and chamomile. Blended to promote dream recall, this caffeine-free tea has many other benefits:
- If indigestion keeps you tossing and turning at night, drink a cup of Dreaming True after your evening meal to settle your stomach and relieve bloating
- Place a tablespoon of this tea in a ceramic bowl of steaming hot water, and lean your head over the bowl, covering your head and the bowl with a towel. The fragrant steam opens the sinuses and will help detox acne-prone skin
- Dreaming True is relaxing, and can lull your senses to help you fall asleep
- Many of the ingredients in Dreaming True have been used to promote intuition. The reason could be that those herbs strengthen the nerves, including those located in the gut
A fun family activity is to make a dream pillow. Fill a 4x4 cloth pouch (or use one of these muslin bags) with Dreaming True tea. Sew or fasten shut, and tuck the dream pillow underneath your regular pillow. Dream pillows are believed to encourage vivid dreams, and promote relaxation.
Smooth Jazz is a rich, bold caffeine-free coffee substitute with hints of vanilla and dark chocolate. Drink this tea daily as an investment in your long-term wellbeing:
- Smooth Jazz builds energy without the caffeine buzz and crash that you get from coffee
- Naturally detoxifying, Smooth Jazz is made with herbs that support the health of your kidneys and liver
- The tea contains raw cacao nibs, known for supporting memory and mood
- This tea also contains he shou wu, an incredible Chinese tonic herb that helps keep your mind and body energized and vibrant
Enjoy Smooth Jazz as it is, like you would black coffee, or fancy it up with a touch of sweetener and some whipped cream.
Ginseng Green Dragon is one of those special and amazing teas that can upgrade your earthly existence, with regular consumption. Here are some of the positive ways this tea will enhance your life:
- The ingredients in Ginseng Green Dragon helps build the body's natural resistance to disease
- Green tea, ginseng, and jiao gu lan have all been shown in research to be anti-aging, and promote longevity
- This tea supports healthy blood pressure, cholesterol, and sugar levels
- All of the ingredients in Ginseng Green Dragon promote brain and memory health
Whether you have kids or roommates, or live alone, now is the ideal time to have a tea ceremony. Brew a cup, inhale the steam, and sip mindfully, letting the tea roll around in your mouth before swallowing. Think of all the things you're truly grateful for, and let those positive feelings wash over you, just like the tea is washing through you. Every now and then, it's good to be quiet and do simple, unproductive things like this. It can help keep you sane when the whole world is being weird.
Inflammation Relief is a soothing herbal tea with a light flavor and gentle fragrance. Enjoy one or two cups daily to gain the inflammation-relieving benefits that it brings:
- Drink Inflammation Relief for post-workout relief of soreness and faster recovery
- Not only does this tea support relief of inflammation, it also helps to calm feelings of stress, anxiety, and frustration
- The primary ingredient in Inflammation Relief is tulsi, (also known as holy basil), an adaptogen, and helps build resistance to disease when used regularly
- In India, tulsi is considered to be a sacred plant, and is used for memory, and mental and emotional wellness
- Make a strong tea and use it as a facial wash to cool and soothe irritated skin
Make an herbal wellness bath: prepare a strongly brewed quart of Inflammation Relief, and pour it into a warm bath to soothe soreness, tension, and emotional stress.
Let us know what your favorite teas are that have helped you level up your life!
*This information has not been evaluated by the FDA, and is not intended to diagnose or cure a medical issue, or replace professional medical care. If you are pregnant or nursing, are under the care of a physician, or on prescription medication, talk to your health care provider before making any changes to your diet or routine.
** This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links to products discussed in the post. An affiliate link means I may earn a commission or referral fee if you make a purchase through my link, without any extra cost to you. It helps to keep this little blog afloat. Thanks for your support.