If you're looking for a healthy hot beverage that not only tastes great, but also helps you fight inflammation and keep your brain healthy, here is a perfect recipe for you. Golden Milk Chai is a delicious recipe that combines all of the goodness of turmeric with the incredible benefits of Chai!
Share this on Pinterest
If you're unfamiliar with Golden Milk, it is a hot beverage that features the healing powerhouse spice turmeric, along with cinnamon, ginger, and a little bit of pepper. The turmeric and the spices are blended into milk (any kind of milk is great, but a non-dairy milk is the most popular choice). There are many health benefits attributed to Golden Milk:
- Relief of joint pain and inflammation
- Brain and memory support
- Liver health
- Heart health
- Blood sugar balance
- Digestive support, gut health
- Immune support
Pretty impressive, right? But don't forget how healthy real Chai is also! (And I do not mean the stuff that comes pre-sweetened in a carton, or in the form of a syrup.) Here are some of the many health benefits that genuine Chai delivers:
- Supports healthy blood pressure
- Helps balance blood sugar
- Increases circulation
- Helps relieve pain and inflammation
- Relieves bloating
- Promotes healthy cholesterol levels
So you can see how combining them will give you a seriously healthy boost every time you drink it. Click here to read more about the benefits of Chai.
When you're ready, let's head to the kitchen and make the recipe!
Note that many people say to always add a little bit of black pepper to Golden Milk. Because most Chai recipes use either black pepper or white pepper, you don't need to add any extra, unless you feel like it; an 1/8 teaspoon of ground pepper will be plenty.
Ingredients You Need For This Golden Milk Chai Latte
- 2 tablespoons Loose Leaf Chai (Pumpkin Spice Chai is perfect for chilly weather, or make your own blend of black tea and spices)
- 16 oz. purified water
- 1 cup of your favorite vegan or dairy milk (click here for a guide to plant-based milks)
- 1 heaping teaspoon turmeric powder
- optional: 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- optional: nutmeg, cinnamon, or chili powder to garnish
How To Make Our Golden Milk Chai
- In a covered stainless steel sauce pan, simmer the Chai in the water over medium heat for 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in the turmeric powder and mix well.
- Stir in the milk and the optional sweetener.
- Once everything is all mixed, pour through a strainer into your two favorite mugs. Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, or chili powder and enjoy.
Happy healthy sipping! If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe.
I am definitely going to try this! It seems to be good for all the things that I need, and I prefer more natural remedies.. I will let you know if it helps me as said. Thanks for the suggestion.