*This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links
We typically think of a creamy, sweet latte when someone mentions chai. However, the spices used in chai can also be used to make other tasty drinks as well! One of my favorite holiday beverages is a hot apple cider that has been simmered with chai spices. This particular version of the recipe calls for the addition of fresh cranberries, which add a boost of vitamins as well as a yummy tart bite.
Every time I make this recipe, it disappears faster than you can say “ho-ho-ho,” so I thought you might like to try it too! Try bringing this spicy cider to your next holiday party, or make it for your family. It is caffeine-free and safe for the whole crew.
Ingredients You'll Need To Make This Chai Spiced Cider
- 2 quarts organic apple cider
- 1/4 cup (or more) fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- 3 tablespoons of Campfire Chai
- 1” piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced
How To Make It
- Add all of the ingredients to a stainless steel saucepan. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer everything together on a low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Adjust based on your likings: taste it! Make sure it’s the right level of tartness and sweetness. You can add a touch of maple syrup if it’s too tart, or more cranberries if you think it needs a little bit more bite. (If you do add more cranberries, crush them a little before adding them to the pot; cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.)
- Strain out the berries and spices out by pouring the tea through a handheld strainer into a punch bowl or into a heat-safe strainer pitcher.
- Pour or ladle your cider into your mug and enjoy!
Thanks so much for reading! I hope you love this recipe as much as my family and I do. If you enjoyed this blog, check out this delicious holiday mocktail recipe that you can enjoy at holiday parties this year!