Post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links
Do you need help staying focused? Using a healing and brain boosting tea blend, this mocktail will help support your memory and concentration, while tasting delicious! Stay sharp, without sacrificing taste.
The Best Brain Food: Choosing Ingredients for Brain Support
Berries like blueberries, pomegranates and cranberries are all rich in bioflavonoids, which is what give these fruits their dark color. These beautiful, rich, dark pigments also mean that they are anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich.
Eating more dark berries can support your memory, concentration and overall brain function by preventing inflammation in the brain.
Rooibos contains zero caffeine, doesn’t get bitter like green tea does if you over-brew it, but like green tea, it’s loaded with important antioxidants. Rooibos is powerfully anti-inflammatory and packed with anti-oxidants, reducing your risk of many brain health related diseases.
Hawthorn Leaf and Flower
People have been drinking hawthorn tea for over a thousand years. The berries, leaves, and flowers all make a naturally sweet tea that supports the function of your heart. This herb contains bioflavonoids that help strengthen the blood vessels that support healthy blood circulation to your brain.
Although it tastes pleasant on its own, it's so delicious blended with hibiscus, roses, and other berries, like it is in I Heart Pomegranates.
Linden works well with Hawthorn to relieve stress and support healthy blood pressure.
Lucky for us, there is a tea that uses all of these herbs, that tastes delicious! Dark Berries, Rooibos, Hawthorn and Linden are all found in I Heart Pomegranates, the tea we'll be using today for this awesome brain healthy mocktail. We'll also be using orange, which will boost vitamin c and reduce inflammation.
Let's get to the recipe!
The Ingredients In This Mocktail
- 1 heaping teaspoon I Heart Pomegranates
- 1/2 medium orange (1/4 cut into cubes and 1/4 cut into slices)
- 1/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- Sparkling water to top
- Muddler (if you don't have one, use the end of a large wooden spoon)
- Glass jar
To Make This Brain-Healthy Cranberry Orange Mocktail
- First, brew your tea. Brew 1 teaspoon of I Heart Pomegranates in 1 cup hot water for at least 5 minutes (the longer it brews, the better it tastes).
- Grab your glass jar and add in your cubed oranges and blueberries: muddle until fully mashed.
- Add your tea and juice to the jar and close the lid. Shake well.
- Pour your mixture over a strainer, into a short glass with ice. Top with your sliced oranges and sparkling water.
You can also find I Heart Pomegranates in September's Tea Talk Box! You'll get this tea, as well as 3 other brain-healthy teas that we'll be focusing on this month. Follow along with us Instagram and TikTok where we'll post recipes, tips and demos updated every day!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out this Brain Boosting Cranberry Apple Rosemary Mocktail.