Post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links
At Loose Leaf Tea Market, we're enthralled by the transformative and healing nature of plants, and green tea holds a special place in our hearts. It's more than just a healthy beverage, it's a versatile element that can uplift your beauty regimen! In this post, we'll introduce you to a few ingenious beauty hacks that will unlock a new level of love for your cherished green teas, whether you're using an unflavored green tea or are indulging in our beauty-boosting blends, like Strawberry Kiss and Uber-Berry.
Share this on Pinterest
Eliminate Dark Circles And Wrinkles Around Your Eyes
Suggested teas: Any pure green tea, Matcha
The eyes, they say, are the windows to the soul, and often the first indicators of aging. If you're battling puffy eyes, lid hyperpigmentation, or wrinkles (or simply aiming for prevention), we have an excellent hack utilizing your used tea leaves.
- Brew yourself a cup of green tea.
- Once you've savored your tea, take the moist leaves and wrap them in soft tissues.
- Lay down, and place them over your eyes for a relaxing two to five-minute session!
The tannins in the tea leaves tighten and rejuvenate the skin around the eyes, combating hyperpigmentation. The antioxidants in green tea help maintain youthful skin at the cellular level, while its cooling effect and caffeine content work to reduce swelling. For an extra boost, try adding chamomile flowers to your green tea!
You can learn more about the amazing power of green tea here.
Brighten Your Complexion
Suggested teas: Any pure green tea, Uber Berry, Strawberry Kiss
Vitamin C is a vital nutrient for health, including for the well-being of your skin. It's a potent antioxidant that helps to rejuvenate your skin from within, combatting signs of aging and enhancing your natural glow.
- Make yourself a lovely cup of loose-leaf green tea.
- Add a few tablespoons of fresh mango (or any high vitamin-C fruit) to a blender.
- Next, add to the blender the moist green tea leaves, as well as a splash of the tea liquid. Blend!
- This concoction serves as an antioxidant-rich, anti-aging, exfoliating face mask. Apply the mask to your face and neck, gently massaging it in, and let it sit for 3 to 10 minutes until you feel it tingle.
- Rinse with cool water and pat dry.
Fight Hair Loss
Suggested teas: Any pure green tea, Jasmine green, Moroccan Rose Mint, Lady Ginger, Ultra Violet
Your scalp deserves as much (if not more) care as the rest of your skin. The antioxidants in tea can combat follicle aging and tighten it, preventing unnecessary hair loss. Here are two easy hair health hacks.
Healthy Hair Hack #1:
- Mix 1 cup brewed green tea with a few drops of rosemary essential oil.
- Add the cooled mixture to a spray bottle and mist your scalp after washing your hair.
- Let your scalp air dry before styling.
Healthy Hair Hack #2:
- To squeeze more value from your tea leaves, reuse the leaves from the previous recipe.
- Wrap the tea leaves in a thin paper towel and store them in the refrigerator in any excess tea liquid until ready to use.
- Before bed, brush your scalp to eliminate dead skin cells and build-up.
- Then press the wrapped tea leaves into each area of your scalp for 10 seconds. This regular practice will stimulate circulation in your scalp, fostering healthier hair growth.
These simple yet effective green tea hacks are designed to nourish your scalp, reduce hair loss, and promote the growth of strong, healthy hair!
Read also: 6 Reasons To Drink Green Tea
Suggested teas: Matcha and Moroccan Rose Mint
Areas like your neck, chest, and back are crucial as they harbor a network of essential blood vessels and lymph nodes. However, these areas are often subject to detoxification symptoms such as acne, flaky skin, and excess sebum production. Plus, gravity and potential sun damage can take a toll on the skin here, making it vital to give these areas extra care.
- Mix two tablespoons of jojoba oil (or other facial oil of choice), 1 teaspoon of matcha powder with 1 single drop of peppermint essential oil, and mix them into a paste.
- Before you shower, use a sanitized dry brush to gently exfoliate the skin of these areas.
- Apply and massage in a small amount of the matcha paste over these areas. Allow it to sit for five to ten minutes before washing it off in the shower.
You can store the remaining paste in the refrigerator for up to one week. With repeated use, you will notice that your skin is healthier, deeply moisturized, and more elastic!
Share your results in the comments below! Thanks so much for reading. If you enjoyed this blog, you might also like this Anti-Aging Tea Recipe That Will Keep You Looking Younger For Longer.