Get energized and pump up your immune system with this green tea smoothie recipe!
Here are some of the benefits you’re going to get from adding this particular recipe to your life.
- You’re going to get a wide spectrum of antioxidants which are essential for achieving and maintaining radiant health. Get your antioxidants from your diet rather than supplementation.
- You’re getting the equivalent of an IV shot of Vitamin C and beta carotene to kick up your immune system and strengthen your vision, heart, and skin.
- Astragalus is all about building your immune system so that your body is more resistant to the viruses that cause the common cold and flu.
- You will definitely experience more energy.
- This recipe is low in calories but very high in nutrition. It’s naturally cleansing and slimming, and a perfect addition to any weight management and fitness routine.
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon Matcha powder for antioxidants and energy
- 1 teaspoon Moringa powder for a huge boost of vitamins
- 1 teaspoon Astragalus powder for immune system support
- 1 – 2 cups fresh baby greens like kale, chard, and spinach
- 1 heaping teaspoon of your favorite nut butter (I love the mixed nuts blend from Trader Joe’s)
- Half of a Persian cucumber (or a 3 inch chunk of a seedless English cucumber)
- Half of a carrot, chopped
- The juice of half of a lemon
- ½ cup frozen peach slices
- ¼ cup frozen dark cherries
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup liquid (almond milk, coconut milk, tea, water, coconut water)
- Do you need sweetener? I don’t, but if you do, choose a healthy one like raw honey or coconut syrup
Blend everything up in a high-powered blender like a Ninja, Vita Mix, NutriBullet and drink in the morning several times a week.
You can customize this recipe to suit your personal needs and taste. Dislike the flavor of cherries? Fine, substitute mango or raspberries. Need more protein in your diet? Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder. Need to feel full longer? Add something rich, like ½ an avocado, a handful of walnuts, or some Greek yogurt. Make it YOUR way.