Post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links
This alcohol-free tea punch is simple to make, refreshing, and delicious. It's also loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants, making it a healthy alternative to sugary store-bought drinks.
Share this on Pinterest
This recipe serves 4. When making it for a larger group, simply double or triple the proportions.
You will need:
- 6 cups purified water
- 6 teaspoons hibiscus or other flavorful herbal or fruit tea (try Cranberry Apple Tart or I Heart Pomegranates for extra flavor and fun)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 organic orange, thinly sliced
- 1 organic pear, core removed, thinly sliced
- 1 organic apple, core removed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (optional)
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 2” piece of ginger, sliced thinly
- ½ teaspoon whole cloves
- 4” sprig of fresh rosemary or other fresh herb like mint or sage (optional)
- Organic cane or turbinado sugar and fresh citrus juice for sugaring the glass rims (optional)
- A pretty glass pitcher (this style has a cool strainer lid) (click here for a traditional style glass pitcher)
- Place the water, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves into a stainless steel saucepan and bring to a boil
- Remove from the heat, and add in the hibiscus or other tea
- Steep for 4 to 5 minutes (set a timer, and don’t over-steep or the hibiscus will become too sour)
- Strain out the hibiscus and spices, stir in the maple syrup, then let cool for an hour
In a glass pitcher, place the sliced fruits and rosemary sprig and gently muddle them with a wooden spoon to release the juices. Pour in the cooled tea, then place in the refrigerator to let the flavors mingle overnight.
To serve, pour into fancy glasses and garnish with fresh orange slices, cranberries, and fresh herbs. You can make this even fancier by sugaring the rim of the glasses before pouring in the tea. Sugar the glass by placing sugar in a shallow dish. Dip the rim of the glass in lemon, orange, or lime juice, then dip the rim into the sugar, and allow it to dry.