Post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links.
One of the most decadent forms of chocolate are truffles. Rich, lush, and creamy, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate truffles are actually quite simple to prepare and require only two ingredients: chocolate and a fatty milk or cream. Of course, you can add other ingredients such as nuts, coconut, or spices to jazz them up.
Share this on Pinterest
I love chocolate, and I also love chai, and this luxurious yet simple recipe combines both! Unlike regular chocolate candy, these truffles not only taste heavenly, they're packed with health benefits, including:
- High in good fats
- Energizing, invigorating
- Low sugar content
- High in disease-preventing antioxidants
- Enhances your mood
- Promotes brain health
- Great for circulation
For this recipe, we used Chocomaya Chai, a spiced dark chocolate version of traditional chai, because this particular blend adds an extra level of spicy fudgy flavor. But you can also use a more traditional chai blend such as Go Chai or caffeine-free Naked Chai.
For the truffles, you will need:
- 2 teaspoons Chocomaya Chai (or other Loose Leaf Chai)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 12 ounces 72% dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (72% is perfect but you can use 65% to 85% dark chocolate)
For the garnish, try any of these toppings:
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp finely chopped nuts
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- Place the coconut milk and Chocomaya Chai in a stainless steel saucepan
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5 – 7 minutes
- Strain the tea and set aside
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler
- Once the chocolate is melted, stir in the chai. Mix until completely blended
- Refrigerate for 3 – 4 hours
- Once the chocolate is firm, scoop out 1 tablespoon portions
- Use your hands to roll them into round truffles, and arrange them on a plate
- Add the toppings to coat by sprinkling on powder or rolling them in coconut or nuts
Store leftover truffles in the refrigerator.
Want to make these? Use code CHOCOMAYA for 25% off a canister of Chocomaya Chai!
Check out this short video to watch how these delectable little confections are made.