Do you want to participate in yummy festive holiday drinks but don't want the tummy ache that comes with a sugary Starbucks Frappuccino? Try this Peppermint Mocha recipe that is made with dark, rich cacao and a smooth Puehr instead of coffee.
Where coffee is super acidic and can cause stomach pain and reflux, Puehr is a fermented tea that soothes the stomach and supports a healthy gut. If you want this healing, delicious Peppermint Mocha recipe, keep reading!
The Ingredients You Need
- 1 tsp Coffee Quitter (or another Puehr tea blend)
- 3/4 cup hot water + 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 soaked medjool dates
- 1/8 tsp pure mint extract
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat milk (or milk of choice)
- **Optional toppings: cacao nibs, dark chocolate chips, crushed peppermint candy
How To Make This Healthy Peppermint Mocha
- Add your Coffee Quitter, mint extract, vanilla extract, and unsweetened cocoa powder to your strainer pot. Add 3/4 cup hot water and stir well. Let this steep for 5-8 minutes.
- While this is brewing, soak 1-2 medjool dates in 1/2 cup hot water. The dates will give this latte sweetness: so, if you like it unsweet then skip this step. This is my favorite natural way to sweeten my lattes and is super easy if you have a blender.
- That brings me to the next step: blend your oat milk and dates until smooth and frothy.
- Finally, assemble! Add your peppermint mocha to your favorite mug and top with your sweet, frothy milk.
Hope you and your stomach love this Peppermint Mocha as much as I did! If you liked this recipe, check out this tummy-friendly Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe.
Tea Talk Box Video on Instagram