Cottage cheese thighs. Orange peel skin. Moon cheese. These are all names for the infamous, stubborn bumps that develop on the back of women’s thighs: cellulite. But what exactly is cellulite? Why does it stick around, even after you lose weight? And how do you get rid of it? If you’re interested in knowing the answer to these questions, read on!
Cellulite is the bulging of fat from within the connective tissue of the skin, and is far more common in women than in men, due to the arrangement of connective tissue. It is estimated that between 85% and 98% of women develop cellulite. And contrary to popular belief, cellulite can happen in fit, thin women. Even Maria Sharapova, who at 6’2” tall weighs 130 pounds, has been photographed with cellulite. Then what is the secret to getting rid of cellulite?
Firstly, while losing weight won’t get rid of cellulite completely, it can help to diminish its severity. To lose weight, try drinking Sleek and Slender regularly, in addition to a well-balanced diet. Second, building collagen to support thicker, healthier skin is key to reducing the bulging caused by fat is critical. Our Love My Hair tea will help you to build stronger, healthier skin. Lastly, a good essential oil blend can do wonders to melt blast away subcutaneous fat in the thighs. This blend contains the following essential oils:
- Grapefruit: This oil contains a high amount of the enzyme bromelain, which breaks down fatty deposits under the skin.
- Cypress: This oil helps to rid the body of excess water and salt. Helping to reduce water retention eliminates a lot of the bulge caused by cellulite.
- Juniper: This oil is a powerhouse that helps to rid the body of excess fluid, build collagen, and detoxify the lymph.
- Geranium: This oil boosts circulation and stimulates the lymphatic system, helping to purge the body of toxins.
- Adirondack Birch: This oil is astringent and helps to tone and tighten the skin.
Just add Skin Deep Oil to your favorite carrier oil and massage this blend into your problem areas for five minutes every day. See how your body transforms!