Post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links.
This sweet and citrusy berry punch recipe is intentional with its ingredients, created to support your immunity and hydration this fall! Loaded with superfoods that have been used for centuries to protect people from sickness, this fruity punch will be a go-to with cold and flu season quickly approaching. Keep reading for the ingredients that make this recipe so powerful and how to make your own yummy immune-boosting pitcher.
The Best Foods and Teas For The Immune System
Nourishing your body with healthy foods will help your body be stronger to fight off any "bugs" that you might encounter this cold and flu season. Here are the powerful ingredients we picked for this immune-promoting punch.
Kiwi supports your immune defense, like oranges, because it is also very high in vitamin c. Kiwi contains roughly 230% of the daily recommended intake of Vitamin C, so you are getting a massive immunity-bang with each sip! It also is an excellent source of iron, fiber, and antioxidants, which will support your body's overall functioning, making it easier to fight off sickness!
Will we ever get to the end of the list regarding the benefits of green tea? Honestly, probably not! Green Tea is packed with antioxidants, like flavonoids and EGCG, that have been shown to help various sicknesses and diseases, including your common cold. It is also a great source of the amino acid L-theanine, which can help fight off germs. Green Tea can help enhance immune function and prevent you from getting sick, which is why we added it to the ultimate immunity punch.
How To Make This Immunity-Boosting Punch Pitcher
For 3-4 Servings
Share your punch with family and friends! Stay healthy together.
What You Need
- 1 tablespoon Green Tea of choice (I am using Ginseng Green Dragon for its extra benefits :)
- 1 tsp dried ginger, powdered ginger or fresh ginger (I used powdered)
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 cup berries of choice (I am using frozen mixed berries)
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- *3/4 cup juice of choice (I chose a Cranberry Juice Blend, but orange, apple, grape, cranberry would all be great!)
- *Optional: 1 tablespoon honey (Honey has some awesome additional anti-microbial properties, but is not needed)
*If you're looking to cut out sugar, avoid the honey and the juice.
How To Make It
- Add your green tea, ginger, hot water (and honey here, if you choose to use it) to a large glass jar to steep for 2-3 minutes. After steeping, strain using a handheld strainer into a large pitcher.
- Chop your fruit: slice your oranges and kiwis.
- Add your chopped fruit, juice and berries to the pitcher and let it sit for 10-15 minutes to let all the yummy fruit juices mix into the tea. For extra flavor, you can muddle the fruit, smashing it with the bottom of a wooden spoon.
- Add in a bunch of ice and serve!
Wishing you health and healing, I hope this punch helps you kick that cold!
If you liked this recipe, check out the herbs you should be eating to support your immune system: How To Not Get Sick: 5 Herbs and Botanicals For Boosted Immunity This Cold and Flu Season.
General Disclaimer: The information on this website is has been compiled from published sources and is provided only as a guide. While every effort has been taken to ensure that information published on this site is correct and up to date, this is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any illness. Also, although all of our teas are generally regarded as safe, please consult your doctor if currently using medication, pregnant or breastfeeding.