If you've tried Kita's amazing Smoky Mushroom Soup, you know how wonderfully smoked teas can make a recipe come together. This week's recipe is a lighter, summery variant, with leeks, carrots, and a lighter broth with a touch of miso. It's delicious, great for your bones and heart, and best of all, guilt-free- so eat as much as you want! Watch the video here! Let's get started.
You will need:
- 3 tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced leeks
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary
- 2 pounds assorted mushrooms (Shiitakes are wonderful in this recipe!)
- 1 quart brewed Russian Caravan Tea
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp. Organic brown miso
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios (optional)
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced (optional)
- 2 cups cooked beans of choice or organic tempeh (optional)
Sauté the leeks, onions, carrots, and celery in all the coconut oil with some salt and water for 10 minutes. While the vegetables are cooking, brew 3 tbsp. Russian Caravan Tea in 1 quart water according to instructions.
Next, rinse and slice mushrooms. Add all ingredients to crockpot and cook on high for at least 3 hours or at least 8 hours on low. Longer times result in more flavor, and so I like to cook this on low for 24 hours- delicious! When the soup is done, serve and enjoy!
See the video here!